Sales Account Manager
Develop and maintain sales territory with a defined goal. Responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships in order to obtain new customers and maintain existing customers.
- Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders.
- Recommend products to customers, based on customers’ needs and interests.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties, and delivery dates.
- Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support.
- Prepare estimates, and bids that meet specific customer needs.
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, keeping sales records, and filing expense account reports.
- Train customers’ employees to operate and maintain new equipment.
- Prepare sales contracts and order forms.
- Negotiate details of contracts and payments.
- Maintain customer/prospect database
- Communicate and collaborate with engineering to ensure accurate proposals
- Conduct regular jobsite visits instructing workers in safe and proper utilization of equipment
- High School and/or Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints required
- Knowledge of construction industry
- 4 to 6 years
- Selling or influencing others – Solicit orders from established or new customers.
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
- Communicating with persons outside organization and make presentations.
- Communicating with supervisors, peers, or subordinates and consult with managerial or supervisory personnel.
- Getting information – Access media advertising services and obtain information from individuals
- Use computers to enter and access or retrieve data.
- Updating and using relevant knowledge – Use industry terms or concepts, use interpersonal communication techniques, use product knowledge to market goods, use knowledge of sales contracts, use marketing techniques, use sales techniques, use knowledge of written communication in sales work, and use telephone communication techniques.
- Processing Information – investigate customer complaints and prepare list of prospective customers
- Thinking Creatively
- Physical Demands – The employee is occasionally standing; walking; reaching with hands and arms; stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling; the employee is frequently sitting; the employee is regularly using hands to finger, handling, or feeling; talking or hearing.
- Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment – The employee is occasionally lifting objects weighing 50 to 100 pounds.
- Work Environment – the employee is occasionally Work near moving mechanical parts; Work in high, precarious places; the employee is frequently Outdoor weather conditions.
- Databases – Using computer application to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.
- Spreadsheets – Using a computer application to enter, manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts, and graphs.
- Graphics – Working with pictures in graphics programs or other applications, including creating simple graphics, manipulating the appearance, and inserting graphics into other programs.
- Presentations – Navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and send and retrieve electronic mail (e-mail).
- Word Processing – Using a computer application to type text, insert pictures, format, edit, print, save, and retrieve word processing documents.